Playmma has put together a list of some of the main sports gambling terms that apply to betting on MMA fights. These will help clear up any questions you might have when it comes to betting jargon.
Sportsbook or Bookie
– Online website that offers betting lines for various sports and
– The underdog in a fight is the fighter that bookie and public don’t expect to win. The payout for the underdog is always higher and in American odds that fighters odds is marked with a + (plus) sign, sometimes it can be negative but never below the favorite opponent. In European Sportsbook which offers odds in decimal, the odds are always positive and the underdogs is always offered higher money line than the favorite.
– Well this one is easy, just the opposite of the underdog, the favorite pays out less, yet the Sportsbook predicts that the fighter will win, so its a safer bet!
– The maximum bet that an online sportsbook will allow a bettor to place on a fight. If you want to bet higher, always speak with your online sportsbook.
– Odds for MMA fights are expressed in terms of money. So a moneyline of -145 means that for every $1.45 you bet, you would win $1.
UFC & MMA Odds
– A numerical value determined by the sportsbook that shows the likelihood of each fighter winning the fight. For example, if Conor Mcgregor odds is 15.00, meaning you multiple your stake 15 times, if he wins the “potential” boxing match against Floyd Mayweather.
– A combination of bets in which all of the fighters must win in order for you to win the bet. In return, you get better odds for your bets as each bout you add in your betting slip the odds will multiple.
– A specific wager on an outcome in a fight. Take for example in UFC, there are prop bets on which round the fighter will end the bout. If you choose the round correctly you get paid out at higher odds than a normal bet.
– When a fight does not have a winner declared it’s marked as a draw, and all bets are refunded, depending if the sportsbook don’t offer Draw in the first place.
– In UFC and MMA betting you may bet on the over/under the amount of rounds you think a fight will last. The sportsbook sets a total, and you then bet over or under than number.